Building a team requires a lot. What is a team? Why do you need a team? What are the steps to build a strong and reliable team? How do you find incredible team members?
What is a team?
A simple definition of a team is a group of people working together to achieve a common goal.
“a team is a group of people who are interdependent with respect to information, resources, knowledge, and skills and who seek to combine their efforts to achieve a common goal”Leigh Thompson
Why Do You Need a Team?
You need a team for your business because:
- A team set and achieve complex goals faster than a person.
- It promotes productivity.
- It encourages learning among team members. They learn from each other.
- It enables the delegation of managerial tasks to team members.
- You make better decisions.
Steps to Build a Team
- Grasp the idea of a team: You can’t build a team if you don’t fully understand what a team means. To build a team, define the team objectives, and roles, establish effective communication. Encourage cooperation and personal development.
- Demonstrate Leadership: In every team, leadership should be established. To do so, you must have a clear vision, and delegate tasks to team members. Remember; do not be too rigid.
- Create a connection between team members: For your team to be effective, they need to know themselves well. Get to know each team member as a leader and get the team members to know themselves.
- Expose Team Members to Team-building Events: There are several team-building events that you can invest in to strengthen your team. Exposing them to these events will tighten their bonds. It could be working together to plan an end of year party which will make team members work closely and relieve work stress.
- Acknowledge, Reward, and Celebrate Success: This will propel team members to work harder.
Finding Incredible Team Members
When you are about to build a team, who are those team members you should onboard?
- Good Communicators: Look for excellent communicators because they are good listeners, reliable, and proactive. They know how to give a response and they regard other contributors.
- Competent Project Manager: There will always be projects to be executed. Seek a competent and reliable project manager. The person should have what it takes to lead.
- Resourceful and notable persons: You will need individuals that are capable of proferring solutions to problems. Those that can positively influence your business due to their connections.
- Composed & self-disciplined: Seek individuals that value self-correction, that is calm, well-organized, and have the capability to do things they should do.
- Committed Individuals: It takes commitment from team members to deliver assigned tasks.
You will get deep insights into this course when you enroll in BizSkills Academy.