What is Customer Profiling?
Customer profiling is the method of defining and explaining merged databases of your potential customers, subdivided focusing on various criteria such as behavioral, demographic, psychographic, regional, RFM (Recency, Frequency, Monetary), and other individualized parameters that help you target specific type audience for marketing your brand.
A customer profile informs you about what you need to know about the people you want to add to your list of customers.
A customer profile is a concise overview of the people that make up your target market. It’s related to a buyer persona, but it’s not a made-up image of your customers. It contains accurate data on their demographics, purchasing habits, customer service experiences, .etc.
Creating a Customer Profile
1. Concentrate on the issue that your business is attempting to tackle: If you’re starting a new business, concentrate on the issue you’re attempting to fix and the types of individuals who will be confronted with it. If you already have a client base, it’s critical to examine your existing customers and their behavior.
2. Analyze the demographics: It’s smart to start with external demographics, then look deeply into needs, and eventually consider your company’s product when defining your consumer profile.
3. Gather feedback from customers: It’s easy to rely solely on the information provided by your team when creating your profile. However, if you don’t spend time with your customers, it’s difficult to get to know them. If you want a better view of your customers, you need to meet them in person. Customer interviews are thus one of the best tools for developing a customer profile.
4. Learn Trends in Your Industry: You should be aware of how your consumers view your brand and which businesses are vying for their interest. This should give you a clear understanding of the kinds of customers you’d like to gain and keep.
5. Create personas: Always keep in mind that you’re selling to real people with real attitudes, feelings, and needs. After you’ve determined the characteristics of your customer profile, the next step is to determine who you want to contact inside the business.
Customer profiling is an important method for effectively identifying your target audience and improving the effectiveness and quality of your advertising and promotional efforts.
Enroll in this course at BizSkills Academy to learn more.